General Requirements for Applicants
- Must be 18 years old*.
- Must have a high school diploma* or a GED.
- Official high school transcript must be mailed directly to the Training Center
- Must have a passing grade in high school Algebra I or post high school equivalent.
- Must be a resident of Beaver, Lawrence, Mercer, or Crawford County.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Cut-off date for current school year is the last Thursday in March
- There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.
High School seniors (only) may apply while still in school. Final acceptance will be determined on their ability to produce a high school diploma prior to starting our program. Seniors must also be 18 years old by September 1 in order to qualify.
The Western Central Pennsylvania Electricians’ JATC accepts applications on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 9:00am to 2:00pm. (If times other than those listed are needed, call to make an appointment).
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices shall be in accordance with the written Affirmative Action Plan and Selection Procedure approved by the Registration Agency of the Western Central Pennsylvania Electricians’ JATC.
All applicants are accepted without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sex.
All applicants must take an aptitude test providing they meet the minimum requirements.
Upon acceptance into the apprentice program, a physical examination, which includes drug screening, is required at the JATC’s expense. Drug testing is mandatory throughout the apprenticeship.
By accepting the offer of apprenticeship, you commit to participate in classroom related training as well as on-the-job training
All apprentices selected will be required to have a computer and internet access.